1. How would you describe what an angel is? What are some of the misconceptions people have about angels these days? Can you think of any references in the Bible that deal with the subject of angels?
2. Read Luke 2:8-15, 20. What do you think it would have been like for these shepherds to experience what they did? Why do you think God had the angels appear to these shepherds instead of to the religious leaders or to other people of influence?
3. What do we learn from this angelic announcement about who this baby was? Why do you think God allowed his son to be placed in a feeding trough after he was born?
4. Why was (and is) this such good news?
5. Read 1 Peter 1:10-12. Often the prophets in the Old Testament foretold things they didn’t understand. Why would God do it this way? Why are angels unable to grasp the significance of grace?
6. Why is Christmas so meaningful for us as Christians? What are some things we can do to make the season more meaningful?
7. How can we use this holiday season to help point people to the Savior of the world?
8. How might you apply tonight’s lesson to your life?