Hebrews 5:11 (MSG)
I have a lot more to say about this, but it is hard to get it across to you since you've picked up this bad habit of not listening.
1. The Apostle Paul is addressing a church group.
a. he started out talking about Jesus and the royal priesthood but he had to stop in the middle of the teaching
Hebrews 5:12 (MSG)
By this time you ought to be teachers yourselves, yet here I find you need someone to sit down with you and go over the basics on God again, starting from square one—baby's milk, when you should have been on solid food long ago!
2. He begins to address their continual need to be reminded to do the basics regarding their Christianity.
a. instead of praying they need counseling
b. instead of forgiving offences they need a referee
c. instead of faith they still go by their feelings
Hebrews 5:13 (MSG)
Milk is for beginners, inexperienced in God's ways;
3. No matter how long you claim to be a believer, if you still don’t know how to handle things according to the Bible, you still a beginner.
Hebrews 5:14 (MSG)
solid food is for the mature, who have some practice in telling right from wrong.
4. Those who show signs of growth can tell the difference between:
a. faith and flesh
b. God’s voice and the devils voice
c. reacting through feelings, responding b the Word
2 Corinthians 13:5 (NLT)
Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith.
5. We are going to gage our walk of faith.
2 Corinthians 13:6 (NLT)
As you test yourselves, I hope you will recognize that we have not failed the test of apostolic authority.
6. This means that your leadership should not be afraid of your opinion or reactions.
2 Corinthians 13:7 (NLT)
We pray to God that you will not do what is wrong by refusing our correction. I hope we won’t need to demonstrate our authority when we arrive. Do the right thing before we come—even if that makes it look like we have failed to demonstrate our authority.
7. So we are being encouraged to be honest with ourselves.
2 Corinthians 13:8 (NLT)
For we cannot oppose the truth, but must always stand for the truth.
8. We are going to examine ourselves.
9. Do you need discipleship or are you ready for leadership.
Discipleship - a follower or pupil of a teacher, leader, or philosophy
Leadership - a person that is the most successful or advanced in a particular area
1 Corinthians 14:10 (KJV)
There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.
TEST #1DO YOU NEED DISCIPLESHIP_________________
Q1DO YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO HEAR GOD’S VOICE___
10. You have the voice of your spirit, the voice of your flesh, te voice of the Holy Spirit and the voice of the devil.
11. If you don’t know the difference, you need discipleship.
1 John 3:20 (MSG)
It's also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves.
Q2DO YOU LIVE WITH REGRETS AND NEGATIVE HABITS____
12. The devil would love nothing better than to keep you wrapped up in thoughts and feelings that keep you crippled.
13. If your brain can still beat you down, you need discipleship.
1 Corinthians 12:7 (MSG)
Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people!
Q3DO YOU NEED TO KNOW GOD’S PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE
14. If you not serving member of a local church, you need discipleship.
Matthew 22:29 (MSG)
Jesus answered, "You're off base on two counts: You don't know your Bibles, and you don't know how God works.
Q5DO YOU NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING YOUR BIBLE_____
15. If you are not learning the scriptures, you need discipleship.
Hebrews 13:17 (NLT)
Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this with joy and not with sorrow. That would certainly not be for your benefit.
Q6DO YOU STRUGGLE WITH OBEYING RULES OR LEADERS__
16. If you have difficulties in this area, you need discipleship.
Malachi 3:8 (MSG)
"Begin by being honest. Do honest people rob God? But you rob me day after day. "You ask, 'How have we robbed you?' "The tithe and the offering—that's how!
Q7DO YOU TITHE OR ARE YOU A GOD ROBBER___________
17. If you still like to argue about tithing, you need discipleship.
Romans 13:14 (KJV)
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
Q8DO YOU NEED TO OVERCOME FLESHLY APPETITES_______
18. If you still can’t put down that nasty habit, you need discipleship.
1 Timothy 4:12 (NLT)
Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
Q9DO YOU NEED TO STRENGTHEN YOUR CONVICTIONS____
19. If you have no problem with sin, you need discipleship.
Hebrews 10:25 (NLT)
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
Q10DO YOU HAVE DIFFICULTIES COMING TO CHURCH_______
20. If you don’t understand the importance of church attendance yet, you need discipleship.
TEST #2ARE YOU READY FOR LEADERSHIP______________
Matthew 16:24 (MSG)
Then Jesus went to work on his disciples. "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how.
21. You understand that your life no longer belongs to you.
Matthew 19:28 (MSG)
Jesus replied, "Yes, you have followed me. In the re-creation of the world, when the Son of Man will rule gloriously, you who have followed me will also rule, starting with the twelve tribes of Israel.
22. You understand that you serve in this life is to rule in the next life.
Matthew 19:29 (MSG)
And not only you, but anyone who sacrifices home, family, fields—whatever—because of me will get it all back a hundred times over, not to mention the considerable bonus of eternal life.
23. You understand that God comes first and are willing to embrace the sacrifices.
Matthew 19:30 (MSG)
This is the Great Reversal: many of the first ending up last, and the last first.
24. You understand your working for eternal rewards, not temporary benefits.
2 Timothy 2:21 (NLT)
If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.
25. This is the challenge of the hour!