Romans 7:15 (MSG)
What I don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise.
1. Have you ever had one of those days;
a. your intentions were to walk right with God
b. but you ended up running with the devil
Romans 7:16 (MSG)
So if I can't be trusted to figure out what is best for myself and then do it, it becomes obvious that God's command is necessary.
2. One of those days when you wanted to please God but you ended up showing the devil how it’s done.
a. you lost your temper
b. your mouth became a verbal machine gun
c. everything got on your nerves
d. your loved ones were running for foxholes
Romans 7:17 (MSG)
But I need something more! For if I know the law but still can't keep it, and if the power of sin within me keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I obviously need help!
3. One of those days when your best intentions were sabotaged?
Romans 7:18 (MSG)
I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it.
4. So you just throw your hands in the air.
Romans 7:19 (MSG)
I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway.
5. So you decide that you might as well go for broke because you felt like you have blown it anyways?!
Romans 7:20 (MSG)
My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time.
6. It seems no matter how hard you try...there you go again.
Romans 7:21 (MSG)
It happens so regularly that it's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up.
7. At times it becomes a vicious cycle.
Romans 7:22 (MSG)
I truly delight in God's commands,
8. You really, really do want to please and serve God.
Romans 7:23 (MSG)
but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.
9. Someone:a. cuts you off in trafficb. looks at you the wrong way
c. uses the wrong tone of voice with youd. brings up unpleasant things
Romans 7:24 (MSG)
I've tried everything and nothing helps. I'm at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn't that the real question?
10. It seems the more you try to live and do right, the worse it gets.
a. you could use some help but you feel God is disappointed with you now
Romans 7:25 (MSG)
The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different.
11. So Jesus came to help us out of this dilemma.
Romans 8:1 (MSG)
With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Those who enter into Christ's being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud.
12. So we see that Jesus is there for us, not to condemn us.
13. Allow me to give you some Kingdom Keys in getting past one of those days.
KK #1DON’T WRESTLE WITH GUILTY FEELINGS_____________
1 John 3:20 (KJV)
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
14. If you feel guilty, God is greater than your feelings, and He knows you tried.
15. The devil would love nothing better than to have you become self-critical and condemning yourself.
KK #2KEEP TRYING_____________________________________
Micah 7:8 (KJV)
Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
16. Don’t let the devil get the best of you through your feelings.
a. everyone falls, but not everyone gets back up
17. Master the art of recovery.
KK #3TRUST THE WORD, NOT YOUR FEELINGS_______________
Psalms 119:18 (NLT)
Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions.
18. Turn to the Bible, not your brain.
Psalms 119:25 (KJV)
My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.
19. Accept the fact that ‘God said so’ is good enough to get you on your feet.
KK #4ALLOW GOD TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS_________________
Proverbs 3:11 (NLT)
My child, don’t reject the LORD’s discipline, and don’t be upset when he corrects you.
20. Sometimes God will:
a. require you to make the necessary adjustments
b. remove whom / whatever that causes you to fall Himself
KK #5IF NEEDED, MAKE THINGS RIGHT____________________
Luke 6:31 (NLT)
Do to others as you would like them to do to you.
21. You reap what you sow.
Luke 6:31 (MSG)
Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them!
22. Don’t let feelings of pride get in the way.
a. be bigger than what your feelings tell you
KK #6LET IT GO_______________________________________
Colossians 3:13 (NLT)
Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
23. If others were involved,
a. don’t wait on them to make things right
b. let your Christianity come forth and make the first move
24. Remember, whether they receive you or not is not up to you.
KK #7UNDERSTAND YOUR NOT ALONE_____________________
Ephesians 4:21 (NLT)
Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him,
25. Remember that you are not alone.
Ephesians 4:22 (NLT)
throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception.
26. Make a decision to move forward no matter how many restarts are needed.
Ephesians 4:23 (NLT)
Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.
27. Allow the Holy Spirit to make attitude adjustments.
KK #8BE TRANSPARENT_________________________________
2 Corinthians 4:1 (MSG)
Since God has so generously let us in on what he is doing, we're not about to throw up our hands and walk off the job just because we run into occasional hard times.
28. As long as we are on this earth, hard times may come.
2 Corinthians 4:2 (MSG)
We refuse to wear masks and play games. We don't maneuver and manipulate behind the scenes. And we don't twist God's Word to suit ourselves. Rather, we keep everything we do and say out in the open, the whole truth on display, so that those who want to can see and judge for themselves in the presence of God.
29. Bif the opportunity avails itself, tell others what God is doing in your life.
a. the devil would love nothing more for you to keep silent
b. your struggles can be used to win others to Jesus
KK #9REMEMBER THAT GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE_____________
Romans 8:31 (KJV)
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
30. People may not believe or accept your efforts, but God is on your side.
KK#10BE AVAILABLE TO BE AVAILABLE____________________
2 Corinthians 1:4 (MSG)
He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.
31. Two things that go to heaven, people and relationships.