Sermon Discussion Questions:
Take some time to discuss the following questions with your family or friends. Don’t just hear God’s Word today but apply it to your life.
1. What does the word "condemnation" mean to you?
2. What circumstances in your life make you feel like you are being condemned?
3. What does the word "therefore" indicate?
4. Write out definitions for the words freedom and condemnation. What causes you to feel condemned?
5. What do verses 1-4 of Romans 8 tell us about the relationship between our justification (being set right with God) and our sanctification (being set free from sin in our lives)?
6. In light of all we have learned from Romans, but especially
Romans 8:1-4, explain why there is no condemnation for people who are in Christ Jesus.
7. How have you seen Romans 7:24 ring true in your life?
8. In light of the wretch we are, explain the thankfulness you have for Jesus? (Romans 7:25)