Life Group Questions:
1. Gratefulness often requires making a choice by not being controlled by circumstances. What choice could you and should you make in order to increase thankfulness in your heart?
2. Gratitude changes attitudes (Philippians 4:6-7). Give an example how this applies to a family. Give an example how this can apply to co-workers in an employment setting.
3. What attributes should a Christ-follower display in order to demonstrate Christ to others? Give examples.
4. Give your own definition of the word “habitude.”
5. What “habitudes” have changed in your life because you are a Christ-follower? (“I used to do… but now I am…”)
6. What do you sense God is impressing upon you concerning becoming a more thankful person?
7. In Colossians 3:15-16 the Bible states, “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts… singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.” The Bible states that both gratitude and peace can dwell in our hearts – by increasing gratitude we also increase peace in our hearts. What does this teach us as Christ-followers?
8. Give an example of a time when the gratefulness of others inspired you.