1. What would you say are the top five fears that you have? Take a moment to write down those fears. Is there a story behind any of them?
2. Often we are afraid of things that are outside of our control. What might be some examples of fearful situations we cannot control?
3. Read Genesis 37:4. What do you think it was like for Joseph to be raised in a household where his brothers hated him?
4. Read Genesis 39:2-4, 39:21, 39:23 and Genesis 50:20. What effect might it have had on Joseph’s life to realize that God was for him? How do you think Joseph would have known that God was on his side?
5. Read Romans 8:28-32 and Hebrews 13:5-6. How do we know that God is for us? How can we be sure he is always with us? Do you think God is still for us when we sin? Explain your answer.
6. During the series, Tim had four main takeaways:
· Give God a chance to be faithful to his promises
· Remember God has been faithful to you in the past so that you will trust him for the future
· Sometimes we need to wrestle with God in prayer and
· Remember, if God is for you, who can be against you.
Of these four, which one is the most meaningful to you and why? How might you apply these points to your life?
7. What are some other things we can do to overcome fear in our
8. Why is it important that we be people of faith and not people who
Are overly afraid?