· 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we live by faith, not by sight. (NIV)
· FAITH is part of a bigger picture that we are not the center of.
EXPERIENCING CHRIST THROUGH COMMUNITY, SERVICE AND LOVE
· Not a classroom but a living room
· 1 Thessalonians 2:8
· Act 1:8
· The Holy Spirit works through faith. Regardless of feelings we keep our attention on Christ.
· We are part of something bigger than ourselves!!
· Keeping our eyes on Jesus means keeping our eyes off; lustful, worrisome, discouraging things.
· Initiates (Author) = one that takes the lead in any thing and thus affords an example, a predecessor in a matter, pioneer
· Perfects (finishes) = one who has in his own person raised faith to its perfection and so set before us the highest example of faith
· Our Faith = the conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ
· He endured – He is calling us to endure.
· He disregarded - think little or nothing of
· Its’ Shame - objectively, ignominy, that which is visited on a person by the wicked,
· Discipline = Correction, working the wrong things out of your life
· Punishment = To hold accountable, chasten
· WE NEED HIS CORRECTION.