Questions for Life Groups:
1. Reread 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. The Bible instructs us to not allow bad moods to control our attitude; instead we should have a right attitude which helps us to our control bad moods. How can Christ-followers maintain a right attitude? Give an example.
2. Identify a time you forgave someone in order to regain your joy in life. What life-lessons did forgiveness teach you?
3. Flexibility means being content when circumstances don’t go the way we planned. In what ways can Christ-followers be content instead of being disappointed when plans don’t work out the way we expected?
4. As Christ-followers we are to feed our faith; we are to be hopeful and optimistic. How do you feed your faith? In what ways do you strengthen your hope?
5. What positive, faith-building steps can Christ-followers take when circumstances seem the worst?
6. What are some mentally healthy and mentally unhealthy prayers to pray when circumstances are negative? Give examples.