"Standing on the Promises"
Joshua was thanking God for His faithfulness throughout all the obstacles they have faced.
We all face battles in life. We tend to grumble when things don't go our way. We need to have a clear picture of God's promises to us.
1. Joshua needed the promises of God. (Joshua 1:1-2)
We have promises from God as well
- He loves us in spite of our weaknesses, failures, brokenness
- He will enter your life when you ask him into your heart
- He is preparing a place for us to reside for eternity
(The promises of God are like road signs pointing us in the right direction.)
2. What were these promises to Joshua? (Joshua 1:3-9)
- Canaan would be given to the Hebrews by God. Nothing will stand in his way.
- Joshua would be able to overcome his foes.
* Satan WILL attack us every day but don't let that get you down b/c God has already won the fight
- God will be with Joshua through everything.
* He still is with us today. He will never leave us!
3. Promises given to us are equally assuring.
- He is with us and offers victory over sins, habits....everything that the world says is OK and God says is NOT.
(Heb. 13: 5-6 -> What can man REALLY do to us when we have the promises of God?)
4. Joshua found God's promises True. (Joshua 21:43-45)
... And so will we
Joshua 21:43-45- Not one promise failed. The same God who allowed Israel to wonder 40 years b/c of their disobedience Still gave them the land of Canaan .
Simple question- Are you standing on the true, trustworthy promises of God? Are you leaning on Him daily? Do you get your peace from Him? Do you trust in the power of His resurrection? Do you honestly believe that he Loves You?
Creado hace más de 2 años