Tips to sucessfully loving youself!!
1. Never say or think negative things about yourself, such as,
"Im too shy to go in there"
"they wont like me"
"I cant do it"
"im not good at that"
"i never do anything right"
"I'll never change"
"I look terrible"
"I'm not smart enough"
"I will not be good bc I have a bad memory" "noone likes me"
Matthew 12:37 says, ...by your words you will be justified..., and by your words you will be condemned….
when u speak these things negative thinga about urself, you are ur own worst enemy!!
Proverbs 23:7 says, …as a man think in his heart, so is he. The way we talk and think about ourselves reveals how we feel about ourselves.
2. Speak good things about yourself (in private confessions) that line up with what the Word says about you. For example: "I am the righteousness of God in Christ." "I am made acceptable in the Beloved." "God created me and formed me with His own hands, and God doesn't make mistakes."
"I got this"
"i can do this"
"I will be awesome at this"
"today is going to be a great day"
"God has a great plan for my life"
3. Never compare yourself with other people. You'll never succeed at being yourself if you're trying to be like someone else. Focus on being the best u and get ur focus off of others!
4. Focus on your positive potential (ex: im a fast learner, im dependable and reliable..) instead of your limitations (stop dwelling on ur weaknesses)
5. Find something you like to do that you do well, and do it over and over. If you spend your time doing things you're not good at, it'll frustrate you and cause you to feel defeated and unsuccessful.
6. Have the courage to be different and deal with criticism. Be a God-pleaser, not a man-pleaser!!
(Galatians 1:10). If you dare to be different, you'll have to expect some criticism. Going along with the crowd—when you know in your heart God's leading you a different way—is one reason people don't succeed at being themselves.
7. Don't let the way another person treats you determine your worth.
8. Keep your flaws in perspective. People with a high level of confidence have just as many weaknesses as people without confidence, but they concentrate on their strengths—not their flaws or weaknesses.
In conclusion, It's tough to enjoy life when you don't like yourself!! When you learn to succeed at being yourself, you'll be well on your way to enjoying life more fully!
Created about 1 year ago