Taking our place - Ps. Steve Fleming
- 2 Samuel 23:8 (NLT)
- 2 Samuel 23:9 (NLT)
- 2 Samuel 23:10 (NLT)
- 2 Samuel 23:11 (NLT)
- 2 Samuel 23:12 (NLT)
- Psalms 92:1 (NLT)
- Hebrews 11:8 (NLT)
- Hebrews 11:9 (NLT)
- Hebrews 11:10 (NLT)
- Hebrews 11:23 (NLT)
- Hebrews 11:24 (NLT)
- Hebrews 11:25 (NLT)
- Hebrews 11:26 (NLT)
- Hebrews 11:27 (NLT)
We all have our place; (taking – ongoing) Our calling, our set place in God’s plan, in the Church, in the mission, in life
• Where God has set us
The safest place we can be is where God has set us.
We experience the mercy and grace of God in the place where He sets us.
God has always prepared a “place “ for His people that speaks of a destiny for each one of us [Purpose]
• Where our choices take us
o We make our decisions and then our decisions make us
• Where people expect us to show up
If you don't take your place, someone else will take it. If you don't take your place, it will be empty.
God doesn't want us to be so comfortable where we are that we are not willing to move on.
o They are depending on us to take our place
2 Samuel 23:8-12 – David’s three mighty men
• They all took their place as David’s mighty men – all three developed and kept a track record of action
• Adino killed 800 men at one time in one place
- His Focus kept him on the task
Sometimes we get distracted by other things when we should be focused.
• Eleazar attacked the enemy until there was a great victory!
* His Perseverance kept in for the duration. He fought so hard that his hand was stuck to his sword.
• Shammah held his place in the face of the enemy
o His Perspective kept him in a place of insignificance
Many times we stand in places in our lives that seem insignificant, but they are not.
God brought a great victory but He required them to do what He NEEDED them to do. We need to take our place wherever God has set us!
• In each case there were others who depended upon them Taking their Place
Hebrews 11:8-10 – Abraham
• A place that God chose
• A place of promise
• A place whose builder and maker was God
Hebrews 11:24-27 – Moses
1. Make difficult decisions
• “refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter” (v. 24)
• The right yes makes possible the right no
2. Be willing to pay the price
• “choosing to suffer hardship with the people of God” (v. 25)
• It means choosing the right way not the easy way
3. Live for the eternal
• “for he was looking to the reward” (v. 26)
• Live with a long term vision not short term
4. Overcome fear
• “not fearing the wrath of the king” (v. 27)
• The more God’s love flows through us the less fear can get rooted
For someone else to be given life, someone else has to lay down their life. Take your place and remain there so that someone else can receive life.
Taking our place is not just about you or me…
• It is about those who depend upon us to Take Our Place and stay in our place
Created over 1 year ago