Fig Tree Faith:
Jesus saw a fig tree that looked like it should have some figs on it; But it did not it was fig tree that; When the fig leaves appear about the end of March, they are accompanied by a crop of small knobs, called taqsh; a sort of fore-runner of the real figs. These taqsh are eaten by peasants and others when hungry. They fall off before the real fig is formed. But if the leaves appear unaccompanied by taqsh, there will be no figs that year.
So it was evident to our Lord, when Jesus saw that there was no taqsh on the fig-tree that He could eat for the time being, Because of the absence of the taqsh meant that there would be no figs when the time of figs came; That meant that it was a fruitless and a hopeless tree.
So Jesus only cursed the tree with words; "for He said to the tree"The tree died as soon as He spoke the words. 24 hours later they saw the manifestation of what Jesus spoke; We can learn from this that we may not get the instance manifestation of what we are believing for; It may take seconds; hours; days; months; But we get it as soon as we ask; The word says if we ask we get it not maybe; Jesus did not come back to the tree an hour later and curse it again; or look at it and wondering why it is not died yet. No because He believed that it was already done as soon as He spoke it:
Mark 11: 14 to 24
14. And Jesus answered and said to it, No man eat fruit of you hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
15. And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;
16. And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
17. And he taught, saying to them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but you have made it a den of thieves.
18. And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.
19. And when even was come, he went out of the city.
20. And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
21. And Peter calling to remembrance said to him, Master, behold, the fig tree which you cursed is withered away.
22. And Jesus answering said to them, Have faith in God.
23. For truly I say to you, That whoever shall say to this mountain, Be you removed, and be you cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he said shall come to pass; he shall have whatever he said.
24. Therefore I say to you, What things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.
Created over 1 year ago