Fearless Faith: Lesson Two
- Joshua 2:1 (NET)
- Joshua 2:2 (NET)
- Joshua 2:3 (NET)
- Joshua 2:4 (NET)
- Joshua 2:5 (NET)
- Joshua 2:6 (NET)
- Joshua 2:7 (NET)
- Joshua 2:8 (NET)
- Joshua 2:9 (NET)
- Joshua 2:10 (NET)
- Joshua 2:11 (NET)
- Joshua 2:12 (NET)
- Joshua 2:13 (NET)
- Joshua 2:14 (NET)
- Joshua 2:15 (NET)
- Joshua 2:16 (NET)
- Joshua 2:17 (NET)
- Joshua 2:18 (NET)
- Joshua 2:19 (NET)
- Joshua 2:20 (NET)
- Joshua 2:21 (NET)
- Joshua 2:22 (NET)
- Joshua 2:23 (NET)
- Joshua 2:24 (NET)
. We must study & concentrate on God's wonderful grace
. We aren't as good as God is at forgiving
. As people, we tend to judge people on how they treat us &/or how much they are worth...
. Have you ever met anyone who doesn't matter to God..?
. Quick side note: Look at the way this story ends... We can never be to confident in what God promises us.
. What was it about Rahab that interested God..? Clearly she doesn't stand out to us. She was a prostitute, a sinner, & was worthless... Luckily God still cherishes flawed people!
- But what about her lie..?
- We are not obligated to help facilitate evil! Think if someone breaks into your house & asks where your wife & children are... Would God punish our lie..? Certainly not as we would be helping to stop evil!
. God rewarded Rahab's faith richly. So how can we apply her "fearless faith"..?
3 Key Points about Rahab's Fearless Faith -
1. Rahab realized the truth of God & His promises. Her first two words were I know... "I know the Lord is handing this land over to you".
. Our faith is grounded onto SPECIFIC events when God came into the world to help His people.
- There really was a baby born in a mainger
- Christ died on the cross, it's a fact
- He helped His people escape Egypt... All historians regardless of their belief recognize the Exodus.
2. Rahab took a stand against the culture that surrounded her.
. She literally committed treason against Jericho
3. Rahab also persuaded her family to believe!
. Sometimes it takes more faith & courage to convince those close to us to believe in God.
Created almost 2 years ago