How to identify foolish thoughts by Pastor Steve Kelly
- Numbers 22:28 (NIRV)
- Numbers 22:29 (NIRV)
- Numbers 22:30 (NIRV)
- 1 Corinthians 1:18 (NIRV)
- 1 Corinthians 1:19 (NIRV)
* A fool doesn't recognize foolishness in their own life; they always blame someone or something
1. Resentment is foolish
A. Resentment will kill you
1. Scripture reference Job 5:2
2. It is foolish not to believe in God
A. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. It doesn't mean you're wise but it's the foundation.
1. Scripture reference Ps 14:1
3. Talking to much is foolish
A. Even a fool seems wise with a shut mouth. *Learn to conquer the tongue!
1. Scripture reference Proverbs 10:8
B. Don't dominate conversations and don't demand the attention of everyone while speaking.
4. Avoid a fool
A. Don't spend time around them
1. Scripture reference Proverbs 14:7
5. A fool has no self control
A. To get what you want out of life sometimes you have to be prepared to be the one to get uncomfortable!
1. Scripture reference Proverbs 20:3
6. A fool is someone who knows better but won't do better.
A. Scripture reference Matt. 7:26
7. Foolishness produces quarrels
A. Never define yourself by what you're against.
1. Scripture reference 2 Timothy 2:23
B. Never criticize someone doing more than you are, especially when they're doing more for God than you.
Created almost 2 years ago