5 guards for your words. Psalms 141: 3, 39: 4.
1) is what I am about to say true "ephesians 14, 4: 25." Make sure you hear every side of the story and don't fall into the trap of exaggeration.
2) is it necessary. "even a fool is thought wise when he holds his tongue." "I have often referredy speech but never my silence."
3) is it building and edifying. Are my words encouraging, and uplifting.
4) is it the right time to talk about it. Look not only into your own interest, consider the other person.
5) are there people around that don't need to hear the conversation. Ppl listening in can misinterpret and misrepresent what is overheard.
Our tongue can be full of deadly poison, reckless, destructive. The tongue of the wise brings healing. (proverbs 12: 14). The tongue has the power of life and death. Every word that comes out of our mouth holds power to go either way.
Proverbs 10: 11, 21. 13: 3. Matthew 12: 36. By your words you will be acquired and by your words you will be condemned.
Ephesians 3: 16, 20. You can have a spirit controlled life.
Created almost 2 years ago