7ups where God wants me by Sharon P.
Today I want to share a message I was blessed to hear four years ago by my former supervisor, Sharon Perkins, the title is " The 7 Ups Where God Wants Me."
1. Wake up! Psalms 118:24 “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Wake up, use what the Lord has already given you, don’t doubt yourself.
2. Dress up! I Samuel 16:7
“Are you a dressed up trash can?” Don’t dress up lying, back-biting, hurts, and pains with outward things; let God change you from the inside out. You can put on the finest garments and still be ugly and broken in the inside.
3. Shut Up! Proverbs 13:3 “He who guards his lips guards his soul.”
Sometimes we need to shut up, so God can speak up, and hook us up!
4. Stand up! Do not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Stand up for righteousness, stand on God’s word.
5. Look up! Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” What and who are you looking up to? Look beyond what your natural eyes see. Reference scriptures Isaiah 65:1-2, Proverbs 18:10 and 3:5, Phil. 4:7
6. Reach Up! Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.”
Sometimes God has to allow circumstances and situations to bring us to our knees, so that we reach up to him. We are God’s babies, just as our babies reach up to us when they need something, we should reach up to God, our Father/Helper. We should not concern ourselves with what people say we can’t do, when they say, “you can’t do that,” REACH UP; reach up for the possibilities of what God has for you!
7. Lift Up! Philippians 4:6 “ Don not worry about anything; instead PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING.” “Make your request known," says the Lord.
Blessed because I am a blessing!
Created almost 2 years ago