How do you see yoursefl?
September 21, 2008
Our journey through the Bible continues today with a look at what was going on while the temple is being rebuilt. Zechariah is given several visions of what is happening but one features the High priest of the Jewish people of the time, the one that stood in for the people.
Zechariah 3:1-5 CEV
(1) I was given another vision. This time Joshua the high priest was standing in front of the LORD's angel. And there was Satan, standing at Joshua's right side, ready to accuse him.
(2) But the LORD said, "Satan, you are wrong. Jerusalem is my chosen city, and this man was rescued like a stick from a flaming fire."
(3) Joshua's clothes were filthy.
(4) So the angel told some of the people to remove Joshua's filthy clothes. Then he said to Joshua, "This means you are forgiven. Now I will dress you in priestly clothes."
(5) I spoke up and said, "Also put a clean priestly turban on his head." Then they dressed him in priestly clothes and put the turban on him, while theLORD's angel stood there watching.
Satan saw the high priest (and the people) as having sin on them, being dirty. But God said, this man (and by extension the people) are not dirty but clean. And he was given clean garments to wear.
How do you see yourself. Do you see yourself like Satan sees you. Do you see yourself as dirty, and there is no way that you can clean yourself up. Guess what, you cannot. There is no way that you can clean yourself up. And you do not need to. All you need is to accept that Jesus died for you and God will see you like he saw the high priest Joshua. You are clean, and that is how God sees you.
Read through the Bible in historical order
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list
Created over 5 years ago