PAUL'S THIRD MISSIONARY JOURNEY -The Brethren Receive the Holy Spirit
Not only did Paul have these brethren rebaptized in water, he also laid his hands upon them to receive the Holy Spirit. How do we know they were filled with the Spirit?”— “They spake with tongues.” Here again is the initial evidence of being baptized in the Holy Ghost. It is evidenced by speaking with other tongues.
New Birth and Being Baptized in the Spirit Are Two Separate Experiences:
• 1:5 “You shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.” They were already saved.
• 1:8 “Ye shall receive power, after the Holy Ghost is come upon you.” They were already saved.
• 2:4 - The disciples spoke in tongues at Pentecost but were already devout born-again believers.
• 2:38 - “Repent, be baptized … and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
• 8:14-19 The Holy Ghost had not yet come upon the new believers. Philip did not seem to be able to lead them into the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Peter and John came and laid hands upon the new Samaritan believers, and they were baptized with the Holy Spirit.
• 9:17 - Paul, after conversion, had hands laid on him to receive the Holy Ghost.
• 19:2,6 - The twelve brethren, (disciples) had hands laid on them to receive the Holy Spirit.
Created about 1 year ago