Predestination- If God Already Knows, What Am I Working For?
- Romans 8:29 (NKJV)
- Ephesians 1:4 (NKJV)
- Ephesians 1:5 (NKJV)
- Philippians 2:12 (NKJV)
- Philippians 2:13 (NKJV)
Dr. Aill R. Harris Jr., Pastor
"Predestination," for the sake if this inquiry is the divine selection and knowledge of God concerning those that will go to heaven and those that will go to hell.
Purpose of this message:
1. Show scriptually that God has perfect knowledge of everything.
2. The fact that God knows who is going to heaven should not create an attitude of apathy, rather an excitement to do more for the Kingdom of God.
3. The fact that God knows who is and is not going to heaven does not mean that he actively participated in sending those to hell.
I. The Spiritual Support of the Doctrine of Predestination
II. The Major Theological Views
of the Doctrine of Predestination
Total depravity of man
- born in need of a savior because of our adamic nature (Romans 23:10)
Unconditional Predestination (Romans 9:20-21)
- God is God, it's his prerogative to do what He wants to do.
- He knew that it would be limited people that would be accepting of grace
Irresistible grace (John 6:37)
- when you're saved nothing can take you from His salvation
Perseverance (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, & forever
- salvation is based upon works, that u may do enough that you may be saved
III. The Positive Propositions Based on the Doctrine of Predestination
Why are u still here?
A. The Security of the Believer
B. The Surety of God's Promise
(2 Corinthians 1:18-21)
C. The Sacred Work of the Church
Created about 1 year ago