Who was the audience?
- "Brethren" - The Church, believers, followers of Jesus
What was the topic?
- “Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him”
What was the directive?
- Not to be soon:
1) Shaken in Mind - To be unsettled and waver back and forth in your emotions and attitude, way of thinking, and decision making
- Shaken - salĕuō - Waver or shake back and forth; to become emotionally unsettled and distraught—to become unsettled, to be deeply distressed, to be upset
- Mind - nŏus - Facility of understanding, reasoning, and deciding; a way of thinking, attitude
2) Troubled - thrŏĕō - Be in a state of fear, alarmed or frightened