1. Did America start as a Christian nation or become one? And what is it now?
2. What did you learn from today’s sermon about Jews, Gentiles, Christians & Romans in regards to their national, political and religious identities?
3. In this sermon, Kile pointed out thatJesus talked about this new kingdom more than anything else, but it was unlike any kingdom anyone had ever heard of. Jesus said some puzzling things about his Kingdom like. [See (Mark 1:15) (Luke 4:43) (Luke 17:20-21) (Luke 10:9) (John 18:36) (John 3:3)]. How would you describe the Kingdom of God? And what questions or confusion do you still have about it?
4. Reread Ephesians 2:11-22 Have you ever thought of how the cross accomplished yet another purpose -- that of unifying Jews and Gentiles? Or better said -- that of unifying humanity? How did that get accomplished by the cross? How is that important historically? And is this still an important and relevant truth today-- how? How can it help us understand our current world?
5. Ephesians tells us: you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellowcitizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. How does this verse make you feel? How, and to whom, could this verse be important, encouraging or comforting?
6. How is our citizenship in heaven both a current reality and a future happening? Are you sure of your citizen status? What makes you sure? If you are unsure -- are there questions you need to ask or information you need to attain from your small group, the Bible, or trusted Christian friends?
7. First, what is your opinion of Nationalism, Patriotism and “Kingdomism”?
8. Secondly, One of Kile’s Key Truths is: We are more likely to be united when we switch from a POLITICAL mindset to a KINGDOM mindset. How could you embrace this and practice this in your own life and in your current relationships?
Thank you for your generosity. Because you give, lives are changed through LifePoint.
TUESDAY LifePoint Support & Recovery 7:00pm Family Mental Health Group 7:00pm*WEDNESDAYIndividual Mental Health Group 10:00am*THURSDAYMen's Bible Study 6:30pmFRIDAYMen's Bible Study 6:00amWomen 55+ Bible Study 10:00am NOTE: * Meets Online With Zoom Sunday August 2 - Family Meeting